Client: Holding company in Munich, Germany
Objective: Support for pre- and post-merger activities in portfolio companies (8 months)
- Restructured newly acquired company and integrated with another company within holding group.
- Work included implementing financial controlling system, developing a roadmap for End Of Life of several applications, personnel reduction and related communication and management.
- Used Balanced Scorecard to identify key issues in the company and develop action plan to address high priority issues.
- Wrote business plan for pharmaceutical development software company to seek investments. Presented to several venture capital companies.
- Worked on M&A deal flow, including analysis of potential targets, evaluation of synergy potential and due diligence at acquisition targets. Focused on 3-4 deals in the document and content management software industry in the EUR 3-12m revenue range.
- Worked in Business Development for next generation knowledge management technology and document management system integration at previously acquired company.
Key success factors: Relationships with key players at holding companies, rapid analysis of situation.